Therapy based early intervention for young children with physical disabilities.
“Early childhood intervention provides the ideal framework to identify child and family needs and to provide supports and services thereby helping to strengthen families” (Guralnick 1997).
Early Intervention Program (0 - 8 years)
The Stepping Stones Therapy Centre (SSTC) aims to provide an intensive support service to children aged 0 – 8 years. Early intervention is the provision of appropriate therapies for children with disabilities with the goal of minimising developmental delays and maximizing the child’s potential.
Early intervention provided by Stepping Stones involves:
- Child centred support and information for the family
- An individual Family Service Plan
- A centre coordinated individual Therapy Plan for each child
- Parent education and opportunities to learn/develop new skills
- Consultation with and referrals to other services/professionals in the education, social and health settings
- Individual transition plans to other community services when needed.
Stages of Support
- Intake process through Disability Services
- Introduction meeting
- Starting therapy
- Family engagement into the program
- End of Year Planning
- Review of Child’s Individual Service and Therapy Plans
- Child and Family Transition/Exit from the Service
- Children 0 – 8 with a physical disability who require a minimum of two types of therapy.
- Children with a physical disability who will benefit from long term therapy.
- Be registered or in the process of registering with Disability Services.
- Families are required to attend all therapy sessions with their child to encourage further implementation of their therapy plans in their home environment
8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Cnr School Lane & Elliott Heads Road, Innes Park, QLD, 4670
(opposite Innes Park Country Club Golf Course)
View Larger Map
For more information contact Georgina Neish at Stepping Stones Therapy Centre
on: (07) 4159 3077