Our program offers lifeskills, fostering relationships and transition to independent living
Post School Services Program
At Community Lifestyle Support Inc. we offer our 48-week Post School Services program to assist young adults (aged 18+) with a disability and their families’ transition from school and to plan for the future.
In the program, working towards achieving the client’s individual needs and personal goals is crucial to the success of the program. Some of these goals to transition into independent living may include:
- Developing new communication skills or improving existing skills
- Building relationships and encouraging friendship and peer support
- Basic learning and life skills such as cooking, using a computer, daily living activities and community based skills
Activities that the Post School Services Program may offer include:
- Independent living skills training
- Job access and facilitation
- Leisure activities including
- Participation in sports, exercise programs, gym etc
In addition, CLS provides emergency and planned respite in partnership with other disability service providers in Bundaberg for eligible clients.
Monday to Thursday 9am – 3pm (not inclusive of pick-ups or drop-offs). Transport is charged at a daily rate for pick ups and drop offs. Charges are available from the CLS office.
- 18 – 30 years of age
- Client has left or are leaving the Bundaberg Special School or a special education program
- Client has a disability where a lot of support is needed
- Client is unable to go to university, TAFE or get a job
For more information contact Community Lifestyle Support on: 07 4155 6121.